This is a quick update to this blog that I know at least some WoWVR peeps still check.
This was originally made to showcase the stitched panorama images I was making for Google Cardboard. Wow. Just writing that out, I realise how long ago that was. My gosh.
Yes, the original version of this blog was to showcase 360° VR images of video games, so you could stand in one location and look around. It looked kind of cool, and I called it VRGameworlds, because that's what it was.
Then my good friend Ultra (https://www.youtube.com/c/Ultrawr) and I worked on a little project about putting some World of Warcraft environments into Unity to be viewed in VR, and that kind of blew up because it seemed like we were among the first people to do that. Legally, it probably wasn't the greatest idea, but we never made any money from it. Either way, this blog sort of turned into a way of showing off that project.
Now, though, I want to really focus on working on my own stuff, not relying on other people's IP, and creating my own art. So, I figured I should update this blog because I haven't really been posting about my own work here. I was still stuck in the mindset that it should only be for VR Gameworlds, as the name suggests.
I want this to be somewhere I can write long-form posts about what I'm doing and about VR in general. And hey, if Blizzard ever decides to make WoW VR, sure, I'll post about WoW VR here too. Who knows? I'll still do things like recommend VRChat worlds and other stuff that fits.
Yeah. That's my short little update to the blog, if anyone even reads this. Thanks. Bye!
My stuff here: https://linktr.ee/puffycheeks


No comments:
Post a Comment